I have had issues with fear and panic my whole life at least from adolescense onwards. It is embarassing to me that I have this condition. I have always tried to hide it from others as best as I could, but recently I realized there is no point in doing this for several reasons:
- most people could tell anyway
- most people really didn't care about it too much
- trying to hide it just made it worse - made me more anxious!
But I do still have a little secret that I am about to reveal.
In addition to the typical symptoms of anxiety like heart racing, feeling like you are about to vomit, breathing too fast, and even sometimes having chest pains I have these other symptoms of anxiety that I really hate.
- blushing - my cheeks turn fire engine red and stay that way for hours
- trembling - shaky hands, jittering limbs
- sweating - yes the slimy handshake is coming your way!
- stuttering - this also happens occassionally
- mental block - my mind sometimes just goes blank and I can't think of what to say
Ok those ones are bad enough, but I have another far worse more horrifying symptom of anxiety that I really really hate.
Ready? Not you - I am getting myself ready to reveal this - it's nasty.
I hate to admit this but when I am anxious I suffer from gas of all kinds - burping, hiccups and worse.
Ok this is an open invitation - share your worse and most dreaded symptoms of anxiety that plague you by writing a comment below. Maybe you will help others know they are not alone!